Welcome to the ISMS Education Center
Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias: What Illinois Medical Professionals Need to Know
Early diagnosis and thoughtful treatment and management strategies in patients suffering from Alzheimer’s and other dementias are important for maximizing quality of life for patients with these conditions. Illinois requires all physicians who treat adults to take training in this area.
Illinois Mandated Courses (Required for license renewal)
- Sexual Misconduct: How to Protect Yourself and Your Patients
- Child Abuse and Neglect: Mandated Reporter Training for Illinois Healthcare Professionals
- Harm Prevention and Harm Reduction in Opioid Safety
- Getting to Equity: Dismantling Racism in Medicine, from Unconscious Bias to Institutional Policy
- Identifying and Overcoming Implicit Bias to Improve Patient Safety, Outcomes and Equity
- Having the Talk: Approaching Patients About Opioid Risks and Naloxone
One of the many benefits offered to ISMS members is online access to low-cost and free continuing medical education (CME) and other learning opportunities. Practice management professionals who work with an ISMS member can also access these courses.
The ISMS Education Center offers numerous Illinois-focused courses across a broad variety of topics including medical legal matters general clinical issues, hot topics in government and practice management.
If you have questions or suggestions for a new course, call us at 800-782-4767 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in accessing the material?
Courses and resources in this education center are free for Illinois State Medical Society members. If you would like to learn more about ISMS membership and the many benefits offered, please contact membership at 312-580-6441.